Floor Sewer at ORGANIC Climbing & Nittany Mountain Works
LOCATION: Philipsburg, Pennsylvania
WHO WE’RE HIRING:
Are you an outdoor enthusiast looking for a change of pace or place? Do you want reliable, consistent hours that allow you to go play and enjoy your afternoons? (We’re done at 3:30 p.m. Mon-Thursday) Do you like longer weekends, we’re done at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, so you can go climbing, riding, four wheeling, or just spending more time with friends and family. ORGANIC Climbing and Nittany Mountain Works are located in Central Pennsylvania, surrounded by amazing outdoor recreation on public lands, very affordable rural living and only 20 minutes from the cultural hub of State College, home to Penn State University, University Park Airport and big city amenities in a mountain town.
You don’t need any experience in sewing – we will provide you with the basic training to build the skills you’ll need.
Whether on a tough bouldering problem in the middle of the woods, a 200-mile bike route or just a local trip to the farmers market our gear is used worldwide in some of the most demanding environments, so we pride ourselves on it’s durability and finish quality.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Floor Sewers perform all sewing operations that turn cut fabric and webbing into ORGANIC and Nittany Mountain Work gear. This may include cutting, bartacking, grommeting, and predominantly sewing of cut crashpad, chalkbag, backpack and outdoor gear parts to create a finished product. Floor Sewers handle work on a production scale and must pay special attention to detail as they are required to operate industrial sewing equipment.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Free training and a highly valuable lifetime skill
- Appreciation of your creative energy and who you are.
- 40% off all ORGANIC and NMW Gear
- Progressive work environment with a great view and atmosphere.
- Paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), and Vacation
- Starting minimum of $11.50/Hour + (Inexperienced Sewer) plus performance based bonuses, as well as room for long term growth after training.
- After 6-months: $120/ month health bonus, after 3 years $250/ month health bonus
- Optional local climbing gym/ fitness center of your choice membership.
- 8 weeks Paid Maternity/Paternity after 1 year.
- IRA Retirement Match Options
- Inspiring modern workspace powered by solar Power https://vimeo.com/352542127
YOUR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your most important responsibility is to produce a finished product that meets or exceeds our expectations of quality and artistry.
Additionally, you’ll be expected to:
- Maintain a clean workspace and environment
- Be environmentally conscience and follow basic recycling and other environmentally friendly practices
- Work with a diverse team of individuals.
- Show up on time and ready to roll.
- Be able to read and understand basic measurements and a measuring tape.
- Use industrial sewing machines in a safe and responsible manner.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and focus on singular tasks
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Be a team player and support any needs in the company when called upon.
- Hardworking and self-motivated; must be able to work in a fast pace environment with high accuracy and confidence.
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to professionally communicate with other team members to voice problems and possible solutions with a positive attitude.
- Deadline driven and goal oriented; comfortable working in an environment with production deadlines.
Interested? We hope so! Submit an application online and we’ll be in touch.